Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Just a rant for accepting AND respecting all opinions, beliefs, views

Recently I had a message from a facebook friend who feels that I have been posting too many messages from my "new age religion" stuff which has disturbed him, especially since I was once Catholic; so he has decided to remove me from his friend list.

I felt, that I should respond back to him but I know that it would probably shatter a mental box he might have about the Roman Catholic religion, so I have decided not to, since I don't want to set off anymore then he might handle. I find that ignorance is extremely old fashioned for this day and age, especially in the age of technology and when we are all being urged to take control over our lives through self help and the health movement all around us. Though many of the beliefs are deeply entrenched and subconsciously anyone who tries to question them, is going against some very strong pattern of energy from a large group of people who have put all of their responsibility and power into an outer structure to save them.

But I decided to write a note just for my own feelings to come out.

As for the facebook posts, I guess trying to spread positive info that actually helps people get rid of their fear based beliefs threatens too many ego's. I must say it bugs me when someone calls New age a cult, especially when the religion they are part of is the biggest one (as the Cult of Catholicism) which is highly organized and much more concerned about preserving its power and control rather than giving followers the true teachings that could set them free. So, this is just a bit of what I wrote, as I didn't want to go off on a tangent as I often tend to do...

Dear: Former FB Friend

I'm sorry for disturbing you with my posts and I hope you can see that if it brings you discomfort it is something within you that might need to be looked at (ego). I know that sometimes I post too much, sorry about that, but I only try to post what I myself find useful and knowledgeable.

As for me being in a new age religion, "New Age" isn't a religion, that is a misconception (bias), its actually ancient knowledge that has been suppressed for centuries, after enforced dogma starting around 325 AD under Christianity.
I respect all the world's religions and practice love and compassion toward all living beings because that is what the greatest spiritual masters have demonstrated to humans. I no longer identifying myself as a Catholic because it puts me in a box that closes me off to higher understanding, plus I wasn't getting my spiritual needs met and I wasn't pretending I was (as were most people who ignored their spiritual needs). Sunday after Sunday I would go to church and feel like a hypocrite and get depressed because I didn't know what the missing link was... until I was at last, willing to expand my horizons and move away from the fear of questioning those "unquestionable" beliefs. I have been dragged down long enough into the victim mentality and the sinner syndrome which is all a lie and I either had to suffer by compromising my integrity and being true to my higher self.

For my own health and sanity, I refuse to pretend something makes sense when it doesn't, especially with regards to traditional, orthodox religion that doesn't even acknowledge the ego and how its twisted the world to make it fit into its particular views. The dark ages are over but often it seems we hold onto the old ideas and beliefs because we are afraid to question them, but none of them are valid. It was my time to break free from the past that only caused me pain and stagnancy that only serves the ego.

I am truly grateful for my Catholic upbringing, or as I sometimes like to say "programming" since it has brought me to a whole new level of appreciation for the true teachings of Jesus, not the idolization and mental images set down by the Church and distorted by those who wanted control over others through fear. They don't want us to have the abundant life that Jesus claimed he came to offer. I believed that Jesus came to show us how to reach our full potential, by taking full responsibility for ourselves.

I have outgrown the outer path as a way to save me, as I realize I can only save myself. This is something that I have always known intuitively and not something I've found through a spiritual book or other means as you might think. My heart is in control now, not my ego.

Jesus said "the kingdom of Heaven is within". Too many Christians ignore that statement thinking they will be saved by following an outer church, which is a really a false promise. I feel the churches attempts to set in stone certain rituals and dead doctrines has mainly squeezed the spirit out, and left many souls paralyzed through fear and only feeds the toxic foundation of the Church that only cares about expanding its own power and keeping its sheep within the herd.

I know we are in for some amazing times because people are realizing that they are the only ones who can save themselves! I'm sure you won't agree with me, which is perfectly fine, we all have free will and I respect that, but we really need to respect all beliefs, opinions, etc and take full responsibility if we want to evolve...

Its no better time to stop defending myths and instead bring out the truth that will set us free, once and for all.

Thanks for reading!


Peace, and blessings, Helen!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you it was rather therapeutic! I seem to have some issues with barriers in the mind due to constrictive religion, but I'm practicing compassion! :-)

    ReplyDelete